Monday, August 24, 2009

Kaitlyn's First Day of First Grade

Today was Kaitlyn's first day as a first grader.....and she had a blast! Unfortunately, she missed the bus as it came early, but we all ran out there (and sweated in the muggy heat for 20 minutes) to catch the bus as it made it's rounds through our neighborhood and back to our area, just across the main street. Luckily, it didn't seem to rattle Kaitlyn at all! Then Emma, Lauren, and I headed off to a friend's house for a BooHoo Breakfast. We rushed back home by 11:00 to be there for the 1 year old twins that I am watching every day until 4:00(today was the first day). All went well with that, it was a BUSY day and before I knew it it was 4:00 and time for my first grader to come home. She said she had an awesome day....made lots of new friends, saw some old ones, and did a lot of writing(according to her--that's 1st grade for ya!). Her best and worst parts of the day(a daily ritual at our house)...
Best: Sitting in the SECOND row instead of the third row in P.E.
Worst: Learning that one of the P.E. teachers from last year was no longer teaching at her school
Not bad for a first day, huh? Now I've got three girls sleeping in their beds and I am soon going to do the same as it starts all over again tomorrow!











1 comments:

Karen said...

Wow!!! Glad she had a great first day! She looks so grown up! Hannah Montana really??? I had no idea she was into that. And the babies look a lot older too since I saw you in June - crazy!!